Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Monday, February 22, 2010

Mystery Bag Vs. Gift Safe House

This is a good article sent by one of my blog reader.. Randy! Thank you, Randy!


Mystery Bags Vs. Safe House Gift Requests:
What to Use Your Invites On

Well, it appears to me that Zynga quickly altered the chances of receiving anything worthwhile from Mystery Bags rather drastically after the First Day.

On the 1st Day out of 23 Mystery Bags I got:
A Huey, "5 Wishlist Items" 5 Times, 5 Skill Points, 1 GF Point 2 Times, 5 Mystery Collection
Items.
That's roughly a 50% chance of a GOOD PRIZE.

Zynga has since that time:
Reduced "5 wishlist Items" to "1 Wishlist Item"
And I only received 3 Good Items out of 50+ Mystery Bags the following 2 Days.
That's roughly a 6% chance of a good Item. A BIG drop in worthwhile goodies as well as an 80% reduction in one of the best prize payouts.
I doubt it's coincidence. Been warning you!


My Recommendation?
Just say "NO" to the Mystery Bags & encourage your Mafia to spend their invites on Safe House Gift Requests instead. You'll at least get a few Tiger Tanks, Chariots & CM Dragons as well as help your Mafia with the Bonus available on the first 5 Gift Requests they Accept per Day.
If Family members insist on sending further Mystery Bags I send them a decent Loot Item from my Inventory (or something from their WishList).
AND THEN I send them a SafeHouse Gift Request & explain my reasons why I did not send them a Mystery Bag.


I'm sure "Collection Completists" will be upset, but the "Cricket Cage" & Money Envelope" do not seem to drop easily from Mystery Bags, & likely you'll be able to "Buy" them from the inevitable "Mystery Collection Crates" that Zynga will undoubtedly put on sale, so wasting Invites on Mystery Bags to get mostly just a large collection of Cue Balls, Cards, Liquor & other Items of questionable worth is a rather bad deal.


Addendum:
Please note that the "You did not receive a Gift Request From This Person" message that you get when sending Gifts after your "1st Five" of the Day is a FALSE ALARM. I have tested it with friends multiple times & they WILL receive their Safe House Gift! (It will just say "from the Godfather" rather than including your name, & your Friends WILL still receive their "Respect.")




I hope that clears up any questions you may have & helps you decide how to wisely spend your invites. Happy Gaming!


PS : Credit goes to Randy from Canada! Thanks for sharing, Randy..

3 comments:

leonard208 said... [Reply to comment]

i found a bug on gift giving..
if u have 2 accounts on facebook . u can send upto 30 mystery bags to ur other account.

http://i46.tinypic.com/25znubs.jpg

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

mastery bag is useless for now. i`ve open about 50 yesterday. and i got 3 wishlist item out of 50.

eXception said... [Reply to comment]

I tought so... I rather wish a gift from my friend not a Mystery Bag... At the first day, that will be fun when I got 2 Huey without spend 25 GF point on it. I also get free GF point and free skill... But now... what I receive just a JUNK... A junk from trash that I collect... Damn it!! I hate Zynga...

Another thing, free gift item like Mr Pinchy, High Powered Binoculars and Bladed Tonfas cannot be received by your friend now... Seems it has error on MW... It tells that the item u receive is invalid... This happen last 3 days, but Zynga is sleeping and do nothing...

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!