Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Sunday, December 20, 2009

Player Updates Is Broken?

Got this one from Zynga forum.. Thanks for original writer! Thanks a lot!

===================================================
Right-click is now a "cheat"???
I was working through my player updates in MW - and because there are quite a few, I formed the habit months ago of right-clicking and opening a new tab on items I wanted to handle, so that I wouldn't lose track of where I was. Then I could go to the tab, do the task, close the tab, and move on.

Today, I had the felicitous experience of reading that I was apparently a cheat.

Specifically, the message in my feed that I was responding to was this:

51 minutes ago:
[Name deleted] is looking for an energy pack. Send them a pack and get one for helping.


And by right-clicking and opening a new tab, Zynga's programmers had this to say to me:

Energy feed category not specified. Looks like you got here trying to cheat.

Really???
Are you *trying* to alienate people?? Because if you aren't, I'd suggest you remove your well-intentioned-but-poorly-set-up in-game comments, and just fix the bloomin' code. Because it won't take a lot more of this kind of nonsense to drive me away.

===================================================

Actually this is also happen to me.. I used to check my "Player Updates" regularly to check if there are some of my mafias who need me on their open job, open war, need energy pack, etc..
I do choose "open in a new tab" for every link that I found there. And here is what I found :



Exactly the same as the previous player before! Until now I'm afraid to help my mafias from Player Updates, in case they accidently suspend my account because "I'm trying to cheat"! Gagagaggag


Not a good one, team! Please quickly fix this one.. I need to help my mafias and get some free XP and money.. Been warning you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I use right-click all the same because I also have a large mafia, and when you are a lot of people's Top Mafia, you get even more updates... And the right-click also helps whenever I tried to gift random war participants who are not in my mafia so I don't need to scroll down from the top again to read more updates.

Haven't seen that message popped up on me yet, but I would sure be pissed when I see it. - If they do not recommend using right-clicks (which I don't see why), at least change the wording.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

hmm,, my problem is I can not get any live mafia wars updates/news on my live feed. How can I fix it?

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!