Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

FaceBook Spybot

There is a spybot on facebook and it may be slowing down FaceBook applications.
You can find it and then delete it.. I have tried and it works for me..

I have more info about this.. one of my friend this is only a hoax!
This I quote from him :
"I have a correction to make - The facebook spybot thing is jus a hoax. The 'Boxes' tab is named as 'unnamed app' in the 'Added to profile' list. Jus a facebook bug, not bot. When you remove it, the boxed tab disappears from your profile."

I checked it and it's true.. I have no more Boxes tab on my profile..
So it is NOT a virus or spyware, it is your “Boxes” tab, and Facebook is going to be getting rid of it soon.
But I won't delete this post.. Up to you to remove it now or not.. Domo....


How To Remove

1. Move cursor over SETTINGS tab (blue bar or top of page of your FaceBook screen)
2. Click on APPLICATION SETTINGS.
Just below it there is a box that shows - Show: Recently used, click down arrow and click "Added to Profile".




3. Under the first box (Added Profile tabs) If you see one in there called "Unnamed App", delete it!



Its an internal spybot. Nobody knows where does it come from.. but you better delete it..
Hope this helps you to play your game(s) better and faster.. Thanks a lot!


PS : Thank you to Kelly and Kripto Kool! Thanks to Varun for the correction!


Source :
http://www.alanhart.co.uk/archives/2010/01/27/facebook-un-named-app-is-not-a-spybot/

8 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

nice info. i've the application too. and after delete it, FB and the game more faster. Thanks.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks for the info. Yay First Post ! :)
Invite me please...
http://www.facebook.com/editapps.php?ref=mb#/bobomyothant?ref=profile

Bo Bo

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

i dont found any Unnamed App in my Facbook..
(?_?)

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

hahahahaha bo bo FAILED!! ur 3 mins late for the first post.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

ha ha Yeah, I was typing and then when I post, someone took the first already.

Bo Bo

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

http://www.alanhart.co.uk/archives/2010/01/27/facebook-un-named-app-is-not-a-spybot/

Rahemsa said... [Reply to comment]

after unnamed app deleted, my boxes tab gone... Anybody knows why???

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

This is not true. Facebook is re-designing its layout, and in the process, the Boxes tab shows up as the "Unnamed App". Nothing to worry about.

-I work in IT security

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!