Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't be a Mission Dumbass Notes

Well, this morning I look at my FaceBook wall..
I saw this notes about Secret Missions posted by ADon.. Please allow me to share the notes here..


It's a good notes that reminds us about what should we do or don't do on the mission...
Here is the guideliness for you :


Here are some guidelines for missions. please follow these. it will give all of us a much better experience with missions!


1. Don't enter a mission unless you are going to do it right then! i am so tired of people entering a mission and doing nothing for hours. check your energy and stamina first. its one thing to make a mistake, but even then i do what it takes to get the mission finished in 15 minutes. When you enter a mission, you should be done in 2 minutes!

2. Babysit your missions. you don't have to post a mission. don't post it when you know you're about to go offline and not be back for 24 or 48 hours. post mission when you are going to be online for an hour or two so you can remove slackers and come back a few hours later to check.

3. remove slackers. if somebody hasn't a finished mission in 15 minutes or posted a reason why they are going to be a little late, click the X. if that was the last slot, let people know there is now a spot open.

(4. The person to Finish the mission or when somebody notices that it is done, should mark it as completed. it's annoying to click on a mission and get the message that its too late.)

It's one thing to miscalculate energy or mis-click or something, but way, way too many people think that a 3 day limit means 3 days. Too many people are blocking mission spots and doing nothing on the job.
It's so simple. Check your energy/stamina, join mission, finish mission, collect rewards, rinse and repeat.

If you don't agree, or maybe you're a more casual player or something, feel free to remove me. My mafia is too big by a a few thousand anyway.

Good tips! And I agree with him..
So now, you know what to do if you host a mission.

Thanks for reading this post.


Source :
http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=162762227097521&id=100000954452643

4 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

About the advices of your friend, I'm against to the point nº1 and nº3.
There is a timer that indicates that you have 2 or 3 days to do the missions so what is the problem to do the missions later??? I don´t get it if you have more than 24 hours to do what is the problem?
I think the dumbasses here are the ones who want it the mission made it right away and kick the people out of their missions knowing that they have more than 2 days to do it.
Just one thing since zynga removes the asking help for the friends the people don´t help me in my missions. I´m publishing all the time the help posts and very few people help me and I don´t care if they take 1 or 2 days to do it the important here is that they finish the mission before the times end. So I don´t give a damm about that greedy advices.

adon steve said... [Reply to comment]

First, I'll use my name instead of anonymous. Some of us really like to play mafia wars and we play a lot. Zynga continually adds stuff that could be great, but with potential for things to go really bad. Missions are a perfect example. There are these awesome weapons but you can only have 10 missions active at once. And I continually have 1 or 2 people in a mission that will sit there after everybody else is done. Many others have that happens too and it really pisses us off. Zynga has a 3 day limit. Many of the most active players have a much smaller one. How hard is it to check your energy, agree to do a job and then do it right then?? It takes what a hundred energy or stamina. or maybe 200. Anybody could start mw for the first time and build up that much fast. Why do people agree to do a mission and then do ZERO and not come back online for 2 or 3 days? That is Selfish. I can certainly see how there could be two wildly divergent views on this--do it now or take your time, but I try to add something like 'do it in 15 or get fired'. So, when you post your missions, just put something like
'i want to block 1 of your 10 mission spots for 3 days. i will repost this often to sucker more people in and then call them greedy when they remind me to hurry mission along.'
lol.

Finding 10 good 7 person missions - 15 minutes
Completing 10 good 7person missions- 15 minutes
Getting 70 random strangers to all do their part- fracking never

-ADon Steve

Mimz said... [Reply to comment]

To the person above, actually it inconvenience the other people who do missions more than the mission leader. Most people who do missions are the type who helps a lot and are often on the lookout for more missions to do. If someone joined the mission then waited until the end to finish it, the others in the mission won't be able to do other missions because they've reached their limit.
I always put a note to my missions for the helpers to finish them within 2 hours for the sake of others doing the mission. Because I've been in the same shoe, where I want to help out, I have enough stamina and energy but I can't because I have 10 missions that aren't finished because people take up the slots and waited 1-2 days to do them.

Anne Post said... [Reply to comment]

Good post. Anonymous is exactly the type of person I remove from missions, remove from my mafia, and then block.

My 10 year old grandson is only level 94, with a mafia of 6 because him mom won't let him play with strangers. He joins missions and does them right away. He doesn't start his own unless he knows before posting that he has enough who will do it.

If he can do it right, anyone can. Period.

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!