Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Monday, March 22, 2010

Rackets : In Or Out Polling!

Hello hello.. got a word to say.. This is a new thread about Rackets on Zynga forum..
Made by the Super Moderator NikiKing!

Here is what she said on the forum :

I see many posts about rackets, keep them or ditch them so this poll is for those of you with rackets.

Are you ready to ditch them for a hot new chop shop?
Do you spend every waking moment collecting boosts in anticipation of the change?
Do you secretly hope that the devs will forget this whole idea?
What about robbing, if you can't rob rackets will this be a problem?

What would be a fair way to make the change?

Lets talk about rackets!

RACKETS : IN OR OUT ???



You can participate on this forum to vote!
Either if you love Rackets and don't want them to be taken away from you.. or if you can not wait to have Chop Shop on your account.. or if you just don't care about which one and want to participate there.. Lalala

Visit the thread here :
http://forums.zynga.com/showthread.php?t=470132


So far this is the vote result when I made this post..



The poll will close on March 26th, be hurry if you want to participate..

Take care! See you soon

2 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Let's put it this way:
Most of the people posting on here probably already have more NY cash than they'll ever need and the gain of properties is pretty irrelevant. Except then achievements come into play. I've been bummed about not being able to get properties achievements since I first started playing, and simply leaving rackets and not giving us properties isn't fair.
At the same time I feel as if properties themselves are pretty outdated: when the system was first designed other cities weren't available and NY cash was the only thing that mattered. Now, most players after a couple of weeks max out their dollars and simply collect their properties for the sake of adding up more money with no real use for the money, besides the banking achievements. Besides paying for the hospital there's no other use for NY cash, since NY weapons are quickly replaced by loot and weapons in other countries. In my opinion that's redundant. And adding levels instead of amount of properties and a special property that makes a good loot once a day doesn't really change that.

On the flip side, rackets provide me with the cash that props do (sans achievements) but at least I have the choice to collect boosts once I don't need money anymore. I have well over 100 billion dollars and really don't care about robbing someone else for NY money since I have no need for it.
"ZOMG! I just lost $100,000. Wait, I still have $243,000,000,000 left."
The only complaints that those with rackets can make that we can't get achievements and that we're at a disadvantage to other players since we must use our skill points towards influence to make use of rackets. Even with those caveats I would never willingly give up my rackets for properties.

I wouldn't mind the idea of having rackets and properties at once. That would fix the issue of achievements and robbing. Give rackets to everyone and let the fun begin. In addition, I think a different solution for gaining influence should be reached. The 60 minutes/point I don't mind, but spending skill points I know a lot of players will disagree with. There should be some other way of increasing maximum influence. Perhaps max influence could be related to the number of mafia members one has, like Mafia Mike's used to be.
Or, in my opinion, the best solution would be using NY cash to buy influence, with the cost being cumulatively increasing (i.e $1000 for the first point, $10,000 for the second, etc)

I know I've written a post that's probably too long, but I really don't want to give up my rackets, and most players who have actually used them for awhile I think will agree with me. I know for a fact if rackets go away I'll be playing MW a lot less often: the fact that I have to collect them every 4 hours gives me a reason to log on and do other things, a reason that properties just wouldn't have for me.
Thanks for reading, and good luck to all my fellow Dons!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

lmeke001, I totally agree with everything you said. And I keep logging on for rackets each 4 hours too!! Thanks

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!