Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Friday, March 19, 2010

Bangkok Bug!

Lots of weird happen on the game to some of you..
Some unlucky players got rolled back, have zero on their Attack & Defense combat strength and this one, got his mastery level back to level 2!

Please continue on reading his email to me.. Trinity's mood


I found bug - I completed all of Bangkok and can prove it with attachments, as I have the Mastery Rewards for the level, please check on these screenshots for proof.





Today however, I wanted to gain some extra loot (and cash) from Bangkok and tried level 5B (Dragon Head).

Went for Lloyd's job to stock up on Spectres and on the first click, instead of usual "job completed" screen, all of a sudden I was back on mastery level 2 instead of 4!! No warning, no nothing!

So now I have to complete the whole of 5B (from level 2 onwards) again... painful! Although I have gone a little higher in the meantime when I take this screenshot..



Plus side is I have already gained 50+ skill points and *fingers crossed* I get the Mastery Reward again !!

As a sidenote, I did episode 1,2,3,5B,5A,4 in that order - not sure if that made a difference...


Actually I had some other emails complaining about the same thing.. They don't really mind about it because they will have free skill points from mastering each job on the tier once again..
No, they don't being rolled back because they still have the Mastery Item and the loots, etc.. somehow the mastery level jumped back to level 2.. that's it..

I feel sorry with all of you who still got the issue of rolled back or even has the Boss job locked. Let's hope that Zynga team will fix all the problems soon so we can enjoy the game to the fullest!

Happy gaming all! Friends forever!



PS : Thanks for sharing, HaZrd! Also to Jan de vries, Thomas, and some others who got this bug..

14 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

same thing happnd with me as well .. i have mailed zynga abt it and they have not fixed it yet .. hope they do it soon .. :(

Matt Ong said... [Reply to comment]

I got the same thing :/
But I think that it has its advantages as well :)
Free skill points!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I also got rolled back to episode 1 in 5B and that too when I was doing a job in 5B. Suddenly I got a message that I can continue mastering level 2.

I raised a ticket with Zynga and their reply came as they know the issue and are working on it and affected players will get online message in game when problem is rectified.

Amadeu Kaos said... [Reply to comment]

Same happened here!
And I did just like you, 5B first
I Jumped back to level 2
:P

toni eriwanto said... [Reply to comment]

I have the same problem here...
i have already finish bangkok Ep.5B and get the typhoon cleavers...but today when i go to that Ep..the game tell me to mastery level 5 again...but when i click it,level mastery reset to level 2...
i have contact Zynga,and got the replay email in 5 minute and tell me to wait about 48 hour to give back..

Hope this can fix soon..

Toni eriwanto

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

exactly the same thing happened to me and my friend!!! but now im stocking up tantos, and i advice u to do the same, since zynga will probably fix it, so dont waste ur time and energy on dragon head ;)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

sam thing happened to me and my friend.. dont do it all over again, do the tanto job, since zynga will probably fix the bug on dragon head. if u do the dragon head, its just waisting of time and energy

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

This has happened to me on episode 1, 2, 4 and now 5b. I certainly don't mind the extra skill points.

You will NOT get another mastery item.

Itchi Ryu said... [Reply to comment]

Same thing here !!! I hope was not very sad cause i can have the mastery points again and that's good

in the other hand i have to get A LOT of satellite phones again and that is BORING !!! HATE IT !

nyways ...i hope i get the mastery loot again too!

Valley said... [Reply to comment]

I actually had this as well but i don't mind it, extra skill + complete item wont hurt ;)

What i also had was a roll forward when bangkok released my 5B was all of a sudden level 2 and jobs where half done. When i wasnt even really starting on level 1.

Ben said... [Reply to comment]

This happened to me as well, but the important note is that this *fixed* the issue where episode 5a or 5b were incorrectly moving to mastery level 4 and then not opening up chapters 2, 3, and 4 correctly. You actually just reported on this the other day.

This was a very welcome fix!

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I am lvl 707 and similar thing happened to me but I think it a some way valid. Because one fine when I was doing Level 1(or 2) of Dragon head , I just jumped to level 4!!(yes , I was happy :) but now again I am pushed to do me skipped levels. If you want to verify this check your options at "Change Tile"(profile)... I am sure some tiles of Dragon Head are missing... I only have Dragon Head and Master Dragon Head :)
Happy Gaming
Shishir

MWJennifer said... [Reply to comment]

This happened on my energy account and I was able to master all 4 levels in one shot and I did not get another set of Typhoon Cleavers.

Fiona Mitford @ Heirs 2 U said... [Reply to comment]

Happened to me too, but good coz already finished the rest, and awaiting LV with baited breath! So gave me extra xp etc, and something to do with the feeling of some kind of reward, although i would probably have had enough Lloyds for all my mafia by now if i wasn't doing it!

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!