Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another FaceBook Scam?

Lots of Mafia Wars players lost their account because some bad people use their computer ability to steal FaceBook accounts!
They create one script and will make a template that similar with the normal FaceBook layout or some screenshot from one game, so you will not have any hesitation to click on the provide link they gave there...

Please read the experience of this fellow of mine, Herbie..
I received mail this morning in my personal inbox from Facebook, and it looks genuine. It told me that I had deactivated account and that I could re-activate it by logging in. I knew I hadn't and I didn't respond to the mail. Not one to panic anybody, but just in case this thing is yet another way to hack into accounts, I'm passing the info to you.
Be aware of it if you get a similar email, don't click blindly, check these things out first!!

Wow, I would be confused to read the email and probably will click to reactivate my account right away!

But wait! Please think about it for a while before you click on anything..
Did you do any violation of FaceBook so you got this email? Did you get any pink slip from FaceBook? They should have warned us first before they deactivate our account, right?

So Herbie just ignored and deleted the email!
He has a normal FaceBook activities until now.. has no warning or being disabled for not clicking the button on the screenshot above..

This post is meant as a warning to you, my friends.. Please think first before clicking any link sent to you by any sources.. if you happen to click on it, quickly change your password or even better, create a new email to login to your FaceBook account!


PS : Thanks for the sharing, Herbie... Have a nice day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

i have a missing mastery item in mafia wars..
can anyone tell me where to contact zynga?thanks.

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!