Ongoing Events: Anchors Aweigh | Jingle Physics | Let The Ices Begin | DAILY BONUS LINKS


Monday, September 20, 2010

Loyalty Program : Price Fixing?

Again, another post about Loyalty Program.. This is one bad experience from a friend that has bought lots of Reward Points but still can not understand his way to upgrade the membership to the highest level! Thanks for sharing..
Please read on so we can learn from his story..

Hello,

I’d like to pass this along since my post on the Official Forums keeps getting deleted. Hopefully you can get through to people to stand up so they don’t get taken advantage of.

I had a long frustrated conversation with Zynga billing today over the Loyalty Program. I started off as Gold Level and purchased 50% discount on $1000 RP the other day (after already being in Loyalty Program as Gold).

Once I saw that people had the Platinum (and Diamond) levels, I searched the MW game info to see “how much it would cost” to go from Gold status to Platinum.

When I spoke with Tech Support live Chat, they said they could not help me and referred me to Zynga Billing and provided their phone number.

I asked 2 simple questions:

1) Is it Dollars or LP that is responsible for moving the Progress Bar for the next status level?

2) How many Dollars/LP do “I” need to progress to the next level. Will it cost me $100, $200, $2,000, $2,000,000??? I would like to know before spending more money attempting to reach the next level to see if it makes sense financially to spend the money or not.


Answer to Question 1: It is the LP that is purchased. They could not tell me as they said the program is different for everybody. For instance, if you look closely at the screenshot it says “up to on the Gold and Platinum levels”.


The billing representative stated that not all Gold levels are the same. You could still only get 1X LP for every dollar. Just like Platinum could receive 1X, 2X, 3X, or 4X. The billing representative did not have an explanation as to reason why some get higher than other. You have to go to the Purchase Reward link to see what you are getting:


Notice the 2x Loyalty Points top right corner? That is how you can tell what your bonus is.

Furthermore, I wanted to know how much money I would need to spend to get to the next tier (Platinum in my case). Billing stated they did not know how it was calculated that it was different for everyone. I stated I am not concerned about anyone else. You have my account information in front of you. What will it take for just my account? They would not answer me. And repeated that it is different for everybody, they have no way of telling how much more.


Notice they tell you exactly how much you need to maintain, but never how much to achieve the next tier status.

When a program costs Zero dollars, it can be anything they like. When commerce is involved it is another whole ballgame. Basically the total amount is different for every player. It could be 1000 LP, it could be 10,000 LP. It’s whatever Zynga wants it to be, and without disclosing how much the total actually is.

So basically I have to make another RP purchase to see how much the progress bar moves (if at all), to get a rough estimate of how much one needs to spend.

Imagine going to buy a car and having the dealership say, Pay me $20,000 now and we’ll see if it’s enough to own the car. There are no refunds with Zynga so in this analogy you give $20,000.00. Just to have the dealer tell you, “I’m sorry, it was not enough. You can either walk away $20,000 less and no car or you can pay more and hopefully it’s enough to own the car”. That is bait and switch and is illegal the last time I checked. There is nothing stopping them for charging any amount they want. But you must state what the charge is, if money is involved. If this is not corrected, I will be contacting my State Attorney General to look into this.

So instead of being excited about progressing, I have stopped buying RPs until this is fixed. Meaning we know exactly how much is required to progress. If it was $50 I would do it right now. But I have no idea. It could be $2,000. No one at Zynga will tell.

I asked to be transferred to the person/group that would know. It was stone walled. They didn’t know who. They would “bring it up in their next meeting”.

Please share this with other Mafia Wars players in the hopes that Zynga does the right thing. Just tell us what we need to spend so we can make a proper decision to do it or not.

Thanks for listening.



Scary!

I never think that deep because I never dare to buy RPs that much!
But if it's true, Zynga you should describe everything clearly.. We're talking about money here.. and for a free online game which require us to spend our bucks, you should make a detail of charts or calculation on how to describe the upgrade for membership!
Why don't make it clearly stated for example : to become a Gold member, you must spend $500! To become Platinum member, purchase $1000! etc etc..

You are so neat and tidy for every rules, why not doing the same for the membership?


6 comments:

RandomParadoX said... [Reply to comment]

Zynga needs to state the actual amount of money needed to reach the levels. Period. Random chance is okay in many areas, such as the amount of RPs you get for claiming 6 lotto tickets, or what items are dropping, or victory coins from fights, and so on. When a program like this is in place, an amount of money NEEDS to be set. In any pay program in the non-zynga world is in place, you have the same scenaria. Regular member, gold member, platinum member programs. Difference being those programs tell you how much you need to spend, exactly, each month to be any type of member.

This crap practice of "you can earn up to ?X LP" based on your level is random chance. It's bull, and Zynga knows it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Zynga has grown too fast as a company and they do not understand customer relations very well. This is what happens when you start from a basement studio, and don't start hiring marketing and customer relations PROFESSIONALS to handle your major business decisions when you grow to a certain point. Zynga will fail as a company if they continue to grow without professional guidance, or wising up.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I also bought RP using credit card, twice!! bad move, it didnt help the progress of LP watsoeva, send them email what i got back is that they will consult it with higher customer service officer...hmm hiring incompetence worker i see, to cut some budget so they can make shit load of money from suckers like me :/

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Well I am gold also, almost platinum....1000 points got me 5% gain and another 1000 got me 5% gain...when I tried 215 I got 1%. I figured in my situation it would take 2000.00 US to go from Gold to Platinum...I only need 30% more but at 4% per 1000 and each 1000 costs 200 that is at least 1400 more to hit bottom of platinum. I do not think this is worth it. The nice thing about this program is now you can look at a players loot and tell if they have the Gold or Platinum Weapon and if they do gives you an idea of how strong of a player you are dealing with.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. You spent over $400.00 on RP??????? LMAO you can get a PS3/Wii/XBox/etc. for that price.

The reason Zynga reps can't tell you how much money to spend to reach the next level is that they are too busy laughing at you.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

You know whats funny? today I logged in to my firm account that I dont use anymore and what I saw is that it got GOLD TIER.. @_@ well I never spent a single cent on that account..

-Ra-

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

-Ra-
Any Idea how you got gold status with out purchases Ra? I would never send money to Zynga because the product they provide is not worth money in my opinon, with all the gliches, cheats and slow servers they have, as well as poooooor customer interaction and appreciation.

I have not purchased any either, but notice that my percent to gold hovers between 86 and 87 %

Any ideas on this?

Post a Comment

No SPAM, rude words, don't use Caps Lock.. Thank you! :)

DISCLAIMER

This Blog is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed in any way by Mafia Wars, Zynga or Facebook! We do not own Mafia Wars in any way. All images, names, and patterns used on this page were strictly created by Zynga. Zynga is the sole creator of Mafia Wars and all material and such belong to them. This was simply done to help people and inform them all about this game.
We love the game!